Hamlet Homes Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dogs Running Loose in the Neighborhood

Go down

Dogs Running Loose in the Neighborhood Empty Dogs Running Loose in the Neighborhood

Post  PrincessCupcake Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:17 pm

Has anyone else noticed dogs running free in the neighborhood? The number of occurrences seems to have increased during ther Summer months. Over the past several weeks I have seen numerous dogs running free in both the daytime and evening hours. Two of the dogs have been large male pit bulls. Now, while these types of dogs do get a bad rap, it is still alarming when one comes charging up to you. I am not willing to find out if the dog is vicious or not by waiting for it to get to me and bite me. I am worried about the safety of the children and other pets in the neighborhood.
If you see this as a problem, please contact the President so maybe we can get something done about this. Dogs should not be allowed to run loose and there are laws restricting this, but the police must catch the dog in action and be able to find the owner (good luck since many of the dogs I see do not even have collars on). For action to be taken I feel like a child will have to be injured or another animal killed or injured. Isn't this a little late??

PrincessCupcake

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down